PNS travel grants for FENS Forum 2016
PNS will award 5 travel grants to support participation of young scientists in The 10th FENS Forum of Neuroscience 2016 which will be held in Copenhagen, July 2-6, 2016 (http://forum2016.fens.org). The amount of each stipend will be 500 EURO. The stipends are intended to be used to assist towards travel and accommodation costs.
An applicant should meet to following criteria:
- be a member of the Polish Neuroscience Society,
- be a PhD student of at least the third year of her/his PhD studies, or a researcher in a Polish laboratory
- be younger than 35 years on the 1st February, 2016,
- be the first author of an abstract submitted to FENS Forum 2016,
Recipients will be selected by the PNS Governing Council based on the scientific merit of the abstract submitted to the meeting and the strength of related application materials. Only one stipend per scientific institution will be awarded.
The following documents are required:
- a cover letter justifying the application and a short description of the importance of results intended to be presented in the FENS Forum 2016 (max. 3000 characters and spaces)
- CV with a list of original publications and conference abstracts
- a copy of the abstract submitted to the FENS Forum 2016
- a recommendation letter from the supervisor
Applications should be sent as one pdf file via e-mail only to: email@example.com. The title of the file should be: lastname_firstname_fens2016.pdf. The deadline for the application is February 1, 2016, and for the recommendation letter February 5, 2016. Applicants will be informed about their successful application by April 30, 2016. Prizes will be transferred to the fellows' bank accounts after the Forum has ended on receipt of a certificate of attendance.
Please note that candidates may apply to several organizations but may not obtain several prizes or travel grants. Prizewinners of FENS or IBRO: http://forum2016.fens.org/young-investigators/travel-grants#.Vng3jFKs1SE will not receive PNS travel grants.